Archbold Logistics are looking for a GLOBAL OPERATOR to join our fast-paced logistics operation in Heywood, Lancashire.
Archbold Logistics is a company focusing on providing the best value, quality, and high-speed Global Transport Logistics service within the industry.
Due to unprecedented demand for our Global Logistics services, we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our ever-growing team. If you want to work for a growing, reputable, and quality driven business, then this position could be for you.
The role holder will ensure the efficient and profitable planning and operation of all Global full loads, part loads and groupage worldwide.
As a key part of the Global services team, the suitable candidate will actively contribute to team delivery, deal regularly with customers and key accounts, and contribute to the successful running of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and operate all full loads, part loads and groupage imports and exports.
- Take and complete all bookings as per customer requirements.
- Negotiate all rates to the benefit of the business.
- Monitor all movements to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Liaise with agents, customers, suppliers and subcontractors on a daily basis to ensure all deliveries/collections are actioned in a timely manner and in line with customer requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in line with customer requirements and legislation i.e. POD’s, Manifests, Dangerous Goods Notices, Customs documentation etc.
- To deliver excellent customer service to all our clients and improve upon them on an ongoing basis including ensuring that customer KPI requirements are met.
- Assist colleagues in providing cover with other roles within the department as and when reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
- Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Commercial awareness.
- Team player.
- Good communicator.
- Customer service driven.
- Great organisational skills.
- Reliable and Punctual.
- Offer flexibility in line with business demands.
- Awareness of health and safety and environmental guidelines for the role.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks/responsibilities as required.
- Contribute positively to performance management reviews to continuously develop.
- Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
Specific Work Based Skills:
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Conscientious worker.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess an adept ability to prioritise workload.
- Show proficiency and a good knowledge of Global planning/freight forwarding.
- Have excellent geographical knowledge.
- Have excellent IT skills and be methodical in your approach.
- Opportunity for career growth in a fast-moving dynamic environment.
- On-site car parking.
- Company pension Scheme.
- Company Life Assurance Scheme
The right candidate will have solid experience within the transport industry. They will also have the opportunity for significant development and progression within a dynamic working environment.
Archbold Logistics is a UK logistics and warehousing company that has built an enviable reputation for reliability and integrity. This reputation is founded on our ability to combine the best aspects of the traditions of a family business specialising in UK logistics with the benefits of a well-run PLC. Our Global division is now an integral part of our growing portfolio of services.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send through a copy of your CV with a covering letter to the email address indicated outlining your salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Email applications: Please email email@example.com